‘Strongman’ Banda thanks sponsors
Written by Millennium on June 11, 2019
NOEL IYOMBWA writes
ZAMBIAN 2019 Anold Classic Strongman contestant Richard Banda has thanked sponsors for financially supporting his outing to the inaugural competition.
Banda came out sixth in a bodybuilding contest held in South Africa this month.
In an interview with Sun Sport Banda said it was not easy to raise the money for the outing, but that through some corporate entities it was made possible.
He said last year he came out ninth at the same event, a position he attributed to being unwell.
But this year he came out sixth in the open weight strongman.
Banda, however, appealed to the government through the Ministry of Sports to support bodybuilding.
He said unlike football, bodybuilding had not received much support.
The muscleman said bodybuilders often used their own financial resources to organise an event or compete in a competition.
He commended Micma, Ngozo Lodge, Mika Hotel and other sponsors for their support to the team that travelled to South Africa for the competition.
Arnold Classic Strongman is an annual event that sees different bodybuilders battling it out.
Other Zambian bodybuilders who took part in the tight contest include Paul Mwanza and Mervin Mweemba.