Zambia set for municipalities sports tourney

Written by on July 28, 2019


As Zambia is set to host the Southern Africa International Municipal  Sports Association (SAIMSA)  slated for September 22 -27 , its visiting president Sam Rameetse has declared Lusaka 90 percent ready to host the sports event.

SAIMSA is a collection of all municipalities in Southern Africa to which Zambia is a member and will host the sports tournament which attracts sports teams from all southern African Municipal Councils.

Rameetse who is in Zambia along with other team managers of all the member states , told the Sun sport that his association was happy with the progress done by the Zambia as the host nation.

He said the only concern was on the slow pace of works on  the tennis and volleyball courts at the National sports Development Centre  ( NASDEC) .

He said having inspected all the sports facilities, all the team managers from the municipalities were satisfied and happy.

“Overall performance I can say we are happy and we can safely give it 90 percent ready leaving the 10 percent to the netball court which I’m told there’s a plan B , and we shall get there,” he said

And National Sports Council of Zambia ( NSCZ) acting general secretary Raphael Mulenga assured the visiting team that the tennis court would be done by end of August.

Mulenga said that the new contractor had assured his office that he would ensure the works were speeded up to beat the deadline.

Zambia was expected to host a delegation of 5 million people  for the games which comprised of various disciplines .

Among the listed sports facilities are Olympic Youth Development Centre (OYDC) , NASDEC, Heroes  and Sunset Stadiums in Lusaka.

Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Current track