Cavendish resumes Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery courses
Written by Millennium on April 3, 2019
SIMON MUNTEMBA writes
THE Health Professional Council of Zambia (HPCZ) has lifted the ban on enrolments of students in the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery courses at Cavendish University of Zambia.
University vice chancellor, Kalombo Mwansa, confirmed the development and said that the ban was lifted after the learning institution met all the requirements as per set standards.
Dr Mwansa thanked HPCZ for the professional guidance it gave to Cavendish University which led to the institution making some major improvements of its learning facilities.
Dr Mwansa told The Sun that HPCZ has now given approval to CUZ to enroll new students in the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery programmes after meeting the set standards.
“CUZ is highly appreciative to HPCZ for its professional guidance which has led to major improvements at the CUZ School of medicine that now include having one of the best medical skills and stimulating and wet labs in the region.
“Following the lifting of the ban of enrolments of students into the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, all prospects students are required to immediately enroll onto the programme through normal enrollment procedure,” Dr Mwansa said.
Dr Mwansa said the lifting of the ban had been necessitated by the fact the laboratories constructed by CUZ met the requirements as per the set standards.
He said all continuing students in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Science in clinical science and Master in Public health were now eligible to register and classes for new applicants are scheduled to begin on September 2, 2019.
The vice Chancellor also thanked students, parents, guardians and students-sponsors and other stakeholders for their patient and support during the transformation period.