Katongo clears air
Written by Millennium on February 13, 2019
FRANCIS CHIPALO writes
I did my part and it was time for me to leave and so there is no need for speculation, FAZ Communications Manager Desmond Katongo has said.
Katongo resigned from the association on Tuesday last week in a move that was unexpected from soccer followers.
He told the Sun Sports in an interview on Monday that; he had spent two years at Football House and that was enough for him.
“The two years at FAZ were enough for me. I have done what I could do and its time to move on,
“There is no fallout. I left on Tuesday. It was a pleasure and I thank FAZ for having accorded me a chance to serve the association,” said Katongo
Below is what Katongo posted on his facebook page announcing his departure from the Andrew Kamanga-led FAZ
Good evening friends and family. Today I have been inundated with a series of phone calls concerning my departure from FAZ.
I wish to inform you that I officially resigned from my position as FAZ Communications Manager on Tuesday.
I wish to thank the FAZ President Mr Andrew Kamanga and his executive for giving me an opportunity to serve in this position.
I will forever be grateful!
Thank you very much for your support for the last two years.