Morocco rejects hunger strike journalist’s appeal

Written by on June 4, 2021

A Moroccan court has rejected an appeal for the release of a journalist who has been on hunger strike for 57 days, his lawyer has said.

Mohamed Messaoudi says Soulaimane Raissouni is seriously unwell but a judge in Casablanca says the journalist is in good health.

Mr Raissouni is the editor of the Moroccan independent newspaper, Akhbar al-Youm.

He was arrested in May last year, accused of indecent assault, which he denies.

-BBC


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Current track

Title

Artist

Background